Summer days are here and it is time for fun with family and friends! A pool party is a great option for the summer heat. How to organize a pool party? How to decorate the poolside and water? What food and drinks to serve to your friends? We shall give you some great ideas so read on!
Most likely, a pool party for children will take place during the day. Usually it starts at noon and ends at 6 or 7 pm. Make sure that children have inflatable balls, mattresses, armbands, circles and other water items at their disposal. They are useful not only for entertainment purposes, but also for safety. Place umbrellas near the pool to provide sun protection or purchase a small tent where the children can have snacks and drinks. At a party like this, children should not be left to their own. You will definitely need the help of other adults to look after the kids.
When you want to organize a pool party, the first thing you need to do is choose a date. It is best if you plan it for non-working days.
- Determine the number of guests. The size of the pool and the surrounding area will determine the number of people that you invite. It is important that your guests feel comfortable and not on top of each other.
- Choose a theme for your pool party. We recommend using seasonal themes. Why? Because there is a huge selection of clothing and accessories to choose from.
- Keep alcohol to minimum. Sun and alcohol are a very tricky combination. You need to think over the menu of low-alcohol cocktails and a sufficient number of snacks. Of course, if you are organizing a pool party for children, drinks should be non-alcoholic. Think of fruit punches, water, soft drinks, etc.
- Stock up on sunscreen. Not everyone will take one with them.
- Music is the key to a successful party. Take care of that in advance.
- Entertainment – Contests, flash mobs – be sure to think it over. Pinata, competition for the most beautiful swimsuit, the most stupid jump into the pool, just be creative!
Inflate several colorful balloons (giant balloons are great) and throw them in the pool. If you are planning to extend the party into the evening, consider solar lights, floor lanterns and other paper lanterns to hang in trees for a great summer party atmosphere.
It is a great idea to include a list of must-haves in the invitations for your pool party. In this way you will be certain that all your guests will have everything they need for a fabulous time.
- Towel is the most necessary for both a beach holiday and various events near the pool. It will help you not to freeze and wipe yourself dry.
- Sunscreen is a must-have when spending time under the sun. Be sure to apply enough sunscreen, especially if you know you are going to sunbathe for an extended period of time.
- Sun glasses – it may seem obvious, but forgetting your sunglasses may ruin the whole day. You don’t want to be squinting for most of your pool party. Direct contact with UV rays will not benefit your eyes either, so be sure to take them with you.