As we gear up for the New Season in Goa - here's our insider tips on Vagator Beach
- The ramparts of Chapora Fort serve as a backdrop to Vagator's wide white sandy beach of the picturesque Big Vagator Beach.
- Just south of the Big Vagator Beach lies the more secluded Ozran beach (or Little Vagator beach). This beach is best accessed by foot from the Big Vagator Beach, or via the steep footpath from the main Chapora-Anjuna Road. Laterite palm fringed cliffs form the backdrop to this scenic beach that is the home of an impressive Shiva sculpture created by an anonymous artist of the bygone hippie ear.
EAT & DRINK
- - THALASSA, an elegant open-air Grecian restaurant , set upon a high cliff that offers a stunning ocean-view...
- - SHIVA PALACE a charming beach shack to enjoy the beautiful sunset on Vagator beach. Bring your kids here to enjoy the trampoline!
- - SHRI: A chilled-cafe on Vagator Hill with good food run; by the original Shore Bar owners.
- - CASA VAGATOR a boutique resort near 9 Bar, by the Casa group.
- - THALASSA HUTS the greek restaurant also offers simple and minimal rooms, but provides every amenity & delectable Thalassa breakfast!
- - PARADISE HUT offers simple budget huts on the edge of the Vagator cliff, with stunning views of the beach below.
DO & SEE
- - TRANCE PARTIES still rage in Vagator @ 9 BAR, HILL TOP & PRIMROSE.
- - SHIVA FACE sculpted into the rocks at the far-end of Ozran Beach (Small
- - CHAPORA FORT rises above the majestic Chapora River; the original onje built long before the Portuguese arrived in Goa.
- - CHAPORA FISH MARKET at the far end of Chapora (Vagator village), where all the fishermen return with their daily catch.
- - BOAT EXCURSIONS with Stephane as you cruise down the Chapora river for a leisurely trip through the mangrove with sightings of crocodiles, eagles and other exotic birds, old churches and more...
Buy your beachwear, swimwear and pool fun at www.TheBeachCompany.in