Keep your skin healthy this summer.
According to an expert, there are times when flat brown spots show up on some parts of the skin that have been exposed to the sun. Use cider vinegar or oatmeal to treat sunspots.
Seema Malik, a skin and cosmetic surgeon, shares a few tips:
* Place a cool compress on spotted skin.
* Take a cool shower or bath.
* Add one cup of cider vinegar to a bath to help balance the pH (acid or alkalinity) of spotted skin, and promote healing.
* Soak in an oatmeal bath. This is especially helpful for itchy sunburned skin.
* Use lotions that contain aloe vera to soothe and moisturise skin.
* Apply cool, not cold milk with a clean cloth to your skin. The milk will create a protein film that helps ease sunburn discomfort.
* Vitamin E and antioxidants can help decrease inflammation caused by sunburn. Apply Vitamin E oil on skin or take a regular dose of the supplement.
* Apply freshly brewed tea, after it has cooled, to skin using a clean cloth. The tannic acid in black tea is said to help draw heat from sunburned skin, and also aids in restoring the pH balance.
* Cucumbers have natural antioxidant and analgesic properties. Chill cucumbers, then mash in a blender to create a paste, and apply to affected areas including the face.